Monday, March 19, 2012

Club system disaster! Part 1

So in my previous post I breifly mentioned that I was doing work at a club which had serious issues with their system.

So I have a few pictures to share just to show what I have have to deal with!

First off is the wiring mess. Just shows what clueless people can do when installing a system.


Second, the wiring for the amplifer rack is done really badly since its messy and makes it harder to correct problems.


I should note that the white wire going into the amp is hard wired in. In some cases it's pefectly fine to do so only if its done right.

So to insure that the cabling will be connected properly I went ahead and ordered what they call Speakon Connectors which look like this:


It allows speakers to be hooked into amps properly and also make maintaining the system easier as the connectors are lock and twist so they can be removed easily! I will be going in this week to finish wiring the amps and I will definetley take pictures!

Untill next time!

mooder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Blog by Mahmood Arjomand is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.mooderstechblog.blogspot.com.