Monday, March 26, 2012

Ultra Music Festival and Line array systems!

For some reason I can't seem to stop obsessing over sound and technical stuff.

I suppose that might be a good thing!

So over the past weekend Miami hosted the yearly Ultra Music Festival. The festival is all about DJ's and House/Techno/Electronic music producers coming together and performing to their fans. With so many artists performing at the event, the festival goer has many different stages or tents to choose from.

Unfortunately I was not able to go but I did catch the live stream on Ultra TV's Youtube page. I was impressed with the content and the setup of the overall event but not too impressed over the stream freezing very frequently at times.

With that aside I took to scooping out what Line Array systems they were using for the event.

For those who don't know what a Line Array system is, please read Wikipedia's description. Their definition is accurate and trustworthy in my opinion.

Line Array - Wikipedia

From all the pictures and videos I've seen so far I can say that they made really good choices on their systems. Below is a list of stages and systems that were in use.

Main Stage:
d&b Audio - J Series - db audiotechnik - J Series Line Array

40x of J12 Speaker modules (Yes I counted... Only because they were clearly visible in the picture!)
??x of J-Subs (No clear picture showing them all)
??x of B2 Subs from the d&b Audio C series

Carl Cox and Friends Tent:
DAS Audio - Aero Series 2 -

??x of Aero 50 Speaker Modules
Unknown subwoofers

I could not make exactly how many speakers or what subwoofers they had.

Klipsch Amphitheater:
d&b Audio - J Series - db audiotechnik - J Series Line Array

28x of J12 Speaker modules (Counted again!)
30x of B2 Subs from the d&b Audio C series

Here is a picture of the Klipsch Amphitheater stage being setup:


And last but not least here is a picture of the main stage from the back (The line array system is on the right):


I hope you guys have learnt something new!

As always thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoyed it!

mooder

3 comments:

  1. The JBL VT4889ADP-DA is more powerfull and i think so the best in the world. My question is, the d&b is really better than JBL?? They can could have used a weaker model of JBL Vertec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The JBL VT4889ADP-DA is more powerfull and i think so the best in the world. My question is, the d&b is really better than JBL?? They can could have used a weaker model of JBL Vertec.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Blog by Mahmood Arjomand is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.mooderstechblog.blogspot.com.